AkelPad Portable 4.7.4 has been released. AkelPad is an open source editor for plain text that is designed to be small and fast. It's packaged in PortableApps.com Format so it can easily integrate with the
PortableApps.com Platform. And it's open source and completely free.
- Single window (SDI), multi-window (MDI) and pseudo multi-window modes (PMDI);
- Full support of Unicode strings on Unicode systems (NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven);
- Support of Unicode codepages (UTF-8, UTF-16LE, UTF-16BE, UTF-32LE, UTF-32BE);
- Support of any codepage installed in the system;
- Support of DOS/Windows, Unix and Mac newline formats;
- Preview file open;
- Correct pseudographics displaying;
- Column text selection;
- Multi-level undo;
- Fast search/replace text strings;
- Remember file codepage and caret position;
- Printing of a document and print preview;
- Support of language modules;
- Plugins support (syntax highlighting, folding, auto-completion, scripts execution, keyboard macros and much more).
PortableApps.com Installer / PortableApps.com Format
AkelPad Portable is packaged in a PortableApps.com Installer so it will automatically detect an existing PortableApps.com installation when your drive is plugged in. It supports upgrades by installing right over an existing copy, preserving all settings. And it's in PortableApps.com Format, so it automatically works with the PortableApps.com Suite including the Menu and Backup Utility.
AkelPad Portable is available for immediate download from the AkelPad Portable homepage. Get it today!